Written by Buddy Vaughn
President of DX Media Direct
Tip #1: Know Your Goal
- You should have an established number of responses you want for every $100, $1,000 or $10,000 you spend in advertising.
- Before you spend a dime pre-determine what will be considered a successful number of initial responses for your investment and what level of response would be a failure.
- Don’t confuse awareness with results.
Tip #2: Make sure your advertising fits your sales system
- How & When you generate sales determines when and where you want to advertise.
- If you sell direct to your customer ask yourself…”How many calls can I effectively handle in a day with my current sales staff.”
- Determine how you handle each incoming lead.
- Do you have a system for outbound calls? Have you trained your sales staff to make outbound calls?
- What time of day do you generate the most sales?
Tip #3: Maximum Results starts with Your Message
- Move from “me” focused ads to “You” focused ads.
- Who is your target customer?
- What key issues are important to them?
- What emotions or feelings do they experience before and during the purchase of your product or service?
- If you were talking to a friend or relative who was interested in using a service like yours what would you tell them to “watch out for”?
- How are you really different from your competition?
Tip #4: Choose a Media Mix That’s A Perfect Match
- Once you have determined how many responses you want, when you want your responses to come in and who you want to talk to – then and only then are you ready to make a media choice.
- Key differences in TV, Radio and Newspaper, Outdoor, SEO, Facebook.
- Radio dominates 6am-6pm. Very little production costs and you can change your message in hours.
- Television dominates 7pm-12pm. Great branding associated with response. High production cost.
- Newspaper targets older population. Reasonable production costs.
- Internet is very cost effective.
Tip #5: Test, Measure and Plunge
- You are never a fool for testing any media you think matches your audience. You are only a fool if you don’t measure.
- The Power of DX Media Directs Media Tracking Software gives you all you need to where and when your responses are coming in. Call us for a free demonstration on how it works and how it can revolutionize your advertising results.
- Plunge with mix that gets you results.
- Don’t pay too much for your ads. Let a professional help you get the best rates and best return for your dollar.